Monday, February 6, 2023

Modifications to my Cada C66010 Japanese Tea Shop Building Set (not Lego MOC)

Hey brick fans!  Here's a bonus post about my latest updates to the Cada C66010 Japanese Tea Shop.  You won't see this anywhere else on the web, so you are in for a treat!

In my previous review post of the Cada Japanese Tea Shop, I lamented that the set was not designed on a full baseplate. It's 16 studs wide but not the full 32 studs deep.  In the above picture you can see the original base plate configuration.  In order to fit in with rest of my not Lego city, I decided to make some improvements.


I found that with just a bit of effort, I could incorporate the existing structure onto a standard base plate and make it a MILS system to boot.


And while we're at it, let's make the tea shop a true Lego compatible modular building, so that the second floor can be easily removed from the first floor.


Here's a unique view of the tea shop's first floor interior.  You'll notice that I've removed the LED light string from the inside.  I have a goal of adding Briksmax style lighting in the future.


For both 1st and 2nd floors, I added some studded tiles to allow minifigures to be placed inside.

I didn't have to alter the structure of the second floor at all.

With the second floor removed, the first floor can be seen more clearly.  The sliding back wall still gets held in place.

Functionally nothing has been impacted by modularising the tea shop.  Here's the back wall in the open position.

And here is the back wall in the closed position.  With the expanded baseplate there's room out back to place more stuff.  Here I've just parked a bicycle next to the plants.

Here's the side view.  Oops, I forget to reattach the power line!

I might remove the legs from the A/C unit because they look like they are just hanging there.  Oh and I removed the vending machine because I felt that it detracted from the look of the building.  Why would you need a bottled or canned drink when you can have fresh brewed tea instead?

And while we're at it, why not stick that old sakura tree onto a MILS base plate as well.




Want this set?  Get it from Afobrick.com, and don't forget to get an extra 5% off using code itsnotlego.



No comments:

Post a Comment