Tuesday, February 14, 2023

I completely rebuilt the Cada C66007 Japanese Summer Breeze Coffee Shop (not Lego MOC)

 

Hey guys, I'm back to show you another set of mods I made to my Lego compatible Cada Japanese shops.  Today, we will be looking at my major revision to the Summer Breeze Coffee Shop C66007 building block set.  

I have been updating my Cada Japanese shops to conform to the standard baseplate dimensions of 16x32 studs, and the summer breeze coffee shop is the last building to get the treatment.  I use the MILS system to strengthen the baseplate for easy handling and rigidity.


In case you are new here, or are unfamiliar with the Cada Summer Breeze Coffee Shop, here are a few pictures I took earlier this year.  It's a smallish building with an even smaller baseplate.

It's a very unique design from designer exesandbox, however I found it too small to display with my minifigures.

And it was really cramped behind the counter!


For this modification, I plan to enlarge the building to make the inside roomier.  Here was my initial idea after disassembling the coffee shop.  I pretty much deconstructed the entire building and rebuilt it from the ground up.  

Here's a complete list of the modifications I made:

  • convert to standard size baseplate
  • convert to MILS system
  • widen front sidewalk
  • add rear patio
  • increase the interior space
  • change the floor tiles
  • reduce the height, and shorten the serving counter
  • improve distance between counter and back wall
  • add separate counter for seating and relocate stools
  • add a clock
  • move the service entrance from the side to rear of building
  • move the shelf to the side wall
  • add a shelf and coffee cups
  • add a standard door for service entrance
  • change the front window glass to turquoise
  • add an extra chair and table
  • add two removable glass panel walls to side of the shop
  • remove two display cases
  • remove the side awning
  • retain as much roof detail as possible
  • modify the rear wall exterior detail
  • add barista and customer minifigures


Now, just enjoy the picture tour and see if you can find all of the modifications I listed above.





















Of all of the Cada shop mods I have done, this one was the most challenging, because I had to pretty much reconstruct everything including the floor and the  walls.  But I still wanted to retain the essence of the exesandbox design as much as possible.  The only major item I had to discard from the original design was the slide-out awning on the side of the building.

With the expanded interior and the removable side wall, coffee shop patrons can truly take advantage of those summer breezes.

Here's my other Cada shop modification posts:



And here are my reviews of the original sets, designed by exesandbox:





Want this set?  Get it from Afobrick.com, and don't forget to get an extra 5% off using code itsnotlego.



My project to completely convert every Cada modular building is now complete!
Thanks for looking, bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment