Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Sembo 6064 Not Lego French Fries Concession Stand MOD

Hi Building block fans!  Today our featured build is the French Fries concession stand that is part of the Mini Food Shop series of buildings.  The brand is Sembo and the set number is 6064.

I'd like to point out that the majority of these mini shops are a lot smaller than than the normal minifig scale shops like Lego or Hsanhe.  If you look closely at the top picture, you will see quite a difference in the scale of the French Fries shop compared to its neighbouring shops.  I was curious to see if the Sembo set could be used in my modular town.

I was pleasantly surprised that my set was quickly delivered after 2 weeks of ordering it off Aliexpress.

Although there's no mention of the number of pieces for the concession stand, I counted a total of 141 pieces from the 2 sided instruction sheet. 

Here's all the pieces unpacked and ready for building.  Oh I almost forgot to mention that there's a sticker sheet with the word Fries and a small menu.

I completed the build in no time flat and here's the finished french fries stand sans stickers.  Er, those line-up stands look a tad small.  There's pegs on each side of the building which I assume allow you to connect this set to the others in the mini shop series.  I think those french fries on top of the roof really make the building pop.

In case you were wondering what the interior holds, there's a computer screen for taking orders and a couple of small canisters on the counter, maybe they are for the salt and vinegar?  On the floor, I think one side holds a sink and tap and the other side is a box with a paddle.  I have no idea what it's supposed to represent.

Here's a look at the side of the concession stand.  There's 2 windows and some masonry bricks which is repeated on both sides of the building.

The French Fries stand does not come with any minifigures, so if you decide to get this set, you'll have to provide at least a minifig or two, to represent an employee and a customer.   In the pic above you can see that the scale of the building is not too bad and scales well to the minifigure.  This set is pretty good as it is, but I wanted to reduce its size so it would match the scale of my other concession stands.

I think I was able to reduce the size of the building by about 20 to 30%.  Here's a look at all the parts I was able to strip away.  That includes the sink and the mystery box.  Fortunately I can reuse those 4 windows in my other modular buildings.

I substituted the white windows for some brown window frames and lowered the counter height.  I had some extra french fry block pieces so I put one on the counter.  I don't normally put the stickers on my sets, but I thought in this case, the french fries stand looks a lot better with the menu.  Too bad they X'd out the prices though!

Here's the Sembo french fries stand next to some other concession stands.  The two stands immediately to the left are from the Lepin Roller Coaster set 15039 which you can find here on my other blog Its-Not-Lego.blogspot.com. 

Hope you enjoyed the pics and quick review!

Brand: Sembo
Model: French Fries Stand 6064
Number of pieces: 141
Number of minifigures: None

No comments:

Post a Comment