Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Hsanhe 6409-2 Apple store MOC modular building gets a makeover

 

Hi and welcome back to Its Not Lego!  Today I'm showing you a re-build of an older set that I had previously built.  It's the Hsanhe 6409-2 Apple store.  Here's the link to what the build looked like last.   I got tired of the white windows and the footprint of the building was a lot more complicated than it needed to be.

 So in this iteration, I've decided to keep it simple again.  The Apple store returns to its signature all black facade while staying on the 20 stud wide custom baseplate.  On the sidewalk, I replaced the tree from the previous build with a standard street lamp.

When I built the last version of the Apple store, I didn't have enough white bricks for the side walls hence I used a lot of the window pieces I had accumulated from the Bela friends sets.  The new walls have now been sourced from Block Tech brand bricks.

The rear wall hasn't changed much other than being expanded to slot in between the two side walls.

As with all of my other modular MOCs, the roof lifts off to reveal the interior.

The interior of the store has been completely revamped.  I used white and light gray tiles for the floor.  There are banks of computers on both sides of the store.
The table in the front center was kept from the original build. 

The back wall has glass shelves for merchandise display and pulls away easily to provide better viewing of the interior.  I added a long counter for product checkout.  I just ordered some keyboard and monitor printed tiles from Aliexpress to replace the blank tiles that are the existing computers.

It's a slow day in the store so there are only three customers inside and a store employee however there's a lot of room if I wanted to add more minifigures.

Here's the view looking towards the back wall behind the counter.

Hey what's that Google home mini doing in the Apple store?

Outside of the Apple store, I have three more minifigures going about their business.

Overhead drone shot.

Finally, here's the new version of the Apple store situated in between my Hsanhe McDonalds restaurant and Hsanhe 7-11 convenience store, which are also completely revamped both inside and out.   Hope you enjoyed this latest update to my Hsanhe Apple store. What do you think, do you prefer this version or the previous version of my Apple store moc? Let me know in the comments section below.  See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment