Saturday, September 26, 2026

Using Leftover Signs from the Lumibricks Bodega to Make Papi's Mobile Deli

 

Hey brick fans!
I recently converted the Lumibricks Bodega set into a custom modular building, which left me with some extra signage. The original kit featured a built-in deli window, but my new modular MOC didn't have the space for it.

Instead of letting those parts go to waste, I decided to build a mobile deli truck! I had a Happy Build Kebab Truck (YC-QC009) lying around, so I repurposed it into Papi's Mobile Deli.

Here is what I changed to make the conversion work:
  • The Awnings: Swapped the original red and white pieces for contrasting yellow to match the main grocery store storefront color scheme.


  • The Hot Side: Kept the original grill element but swapped out the kebabs for hot dogs.


  • The Cold Side: Added a brand-new service counter on the opposite side to serve fresh sandwiches and baked goods.
  • The Functionality: Engineered the counters to fold inward seamlessly so the awnings can close completely when the truck is on the move.

Here's the mobile deli truck parked outside the Bodega.


What do you think of the final look? I’m really happy with how this impromptu build turned out, and it just goes to show that you should never throw away your leftover parts or overlook an old set in your backlog!
Let me know in the comments below: Have you ever repurposed a completely different set to fit into your brick city layout? What kind of custom food trucks are rolling around your modular streets?
P.S.  Don't forget to use my code itsnotlego to save 10% on the Official Lumibricks site!


Until next time, happy building!  Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment