Friday, August 16, 2024

This is the McDonalds Restaurant that Lego didn't make!


Hey brick fans!

I finally got around to adding a second floor to my McDonalds restaurant, so I thought I'd give you a tour of what it looks like now.   I haven't really had a chance to work on it until now, with the last changes occurring in 2020 with the addition of a drivethru lane.



The restaurant has gotten quite an overhaul as you can see above.  It now sits on a raised baseplate which is 32 studs wide.   The sidewalk has been changed to conform to the standard I've been using on all of my other Japanese themed modular buildings.   The most notable change is the inclusion of the new second floor dining area that allows patrons to sit inside or out on the terrace.   To access the second floor, I've added a new staircase on the side of the building.

There are large windows throughout the building.

The drivethru lane has been retained.

It's almost strange that in the past four years I've not increased my collection of red bricks, so I'm still making due to with these old bricks on the back wall.  I really should go and order some new 1x4 bricks from Aliexpress.   The back door leads to storage space under the stairs that go up to the second floor.

The unused storage area under the stairs is visible from the side windows.

The front entrance to the restaurant has not changed much.

But this outdoor terrace is all new.  There are two tables outside with seating for four but there's enough space to add another two seats if required.   The huge glass wall and door separate the inside and outside.

The signature style of the roof has been maintained.  It used to be two pieces but now it's just one large roof.

We can get a better view of the second floor interior with the roof removed.

Inside the dining room, there are two large tables and one small table.  There's also a long raised counter that provides seating for four.   At maximum capacity, there is room for 10 minifigures.

Of course, like all of my modular buildings, the second floor can be removed as well.

I still need to update the main floor interior.  I'm trying to figure out how to expand the kitchen area and put in more appliances and storage.  So until I do that, I'm not going to re-tile the floor yet.  I still want to get some printed menu pieces for the overhead menu board.

Just keeping the counter as is for now.

The customers don't seem to mind that the interior renovations are still ongoing.

Well, that's it!  Let me know what you think of the new changes.  👉. Don't forget to check out my other Lego compatible building set reviews at bricktoyreviews.blogspot.com. Thanks for looking, bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment