Saturday, September 23, 2023

Medieval Villager Minifigures for My Town (Not Lego)

 

Hiya brick fans!  Welcome back to bricksandfigs.blogspot.com!   This is just a quick post to fill you in about another purchase I made from Aliexpress.  As you might know, I recently acquired a set of medieval soldiers for my fledgling town.   The town currently consists of the JMBricklayer observation guard tower and the Lesdiy small windmill.   None of these sets came with any minifigures, so I figured I start to populate the town.


So I ordered them from Aliexpress and they arrived very quickly, like less than 2 weeks.  Each of the minifigures is packaged separately, however the bags have no markings.  Someone on Reddit told me that Marstoy and Brixtoy carry them as well.

A quick check on the Brixtoy website shows the product number for this minifigure is AH011.   Pricing for the villager ranges from $1.20 USD per single minifigure to $10.49 USD for a set of 10 on Marstoy.  However both of these stores do not include shipping.  I got mine from Brickpanda on Aliexpress for $16.88 CDN (discounted) for a set of 10 with free shipping.   So I think at the end of the day, the prices should all be pretty equivalent.


The minifigures require some assembly and they look and feel pretty decent.  There's some nice printing of the tunic on both front and back and each minifigure comes with a black hood and an axe.


I didn't want all ten of the minifigures to be identical, so I set about swapping the heads from my minifigure stash and now they are all unique looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment