Thursday, July 7, 2022

TopToy 16001 Retro Television Picture Review (Part Two)

Hi there and welcome back to Bricks and Figs.  I'm guessing you are here to see the pictures of the TopToy 16001 Retro Television.  In case you missed it, I did an unboxing and build post which you can check out here:  Part One.

Here's the finished product!

In my previous build post, I forgot to show the antenna that gets attached to the top of the TV.  I should mention one of the antenna doesn't clutch into the socket so I resorted to my tried and true method of tearing a small bit of the cellophane packaging from the parts bags and sticking it into the hole.

Here's some various views of the TV set.  Here's the hinged part of the TV.

Back side.   Cool right?


Brick quality is quite good, no scuffs or scratches and you can barely make out the colour differences.

I got lazy because I should have trimmed off the extra cellophane.

The legs actually look kind of clunky.  Should I replace them with small round knobs instead?



The inside of the TV has carded graphics on the three sides that depict a living room interior.  Not sure who the wedding couple is supposed to be, perhaps the girl dyed her hair?

Some more pictures on the back wall.  I wonder if the guy was in the Chinese army?

The couple must be animal lovers.

Here's what I didn't show you in my previous post, this is the completed living room which was constructed in Section 3.

Peace out!  Just trying out the new fingers.

All this furniture was part of Section 3. A storage unit with chrome statue and vase of flowers.

A retro TV, lol!  The screen is a printed part, no stickers in this set!

My guess is that this couple are avid readers.  Or maybe music lovers?  But sadly no record player anywhere.

I'm gonna say that this looks more like a futon than a sofa.

Who wants some fruit?

Was this all a show?  I suppose if you wanted to make your own little scenes inside the TV, you could do that too.  Replace this living room with a scene from Seinfeld or Friends or whatever you can think of.

Hope you enjoyed this look at the Top Toy Retro TV!   Get it from Aliexpress or whoever sells it!   Get it now!

My Rating


I'm gonna give this set 5 out of 5 stars!  Why? It was relatively cheap at under $20 for over 600 pieces.  They sent me the box!  Brick quality was decent and no problems with clutch (well, except for that antenna piece).  Despite being a small-ish set, you get two decent minifigures, with bonus hands.  The interior is nicely furnished and rich in details.  No stickers or scuff marks, even on the TV glass.   All in all, a nice and enjoyable build.   What's not to like?


1 comment:

  1. Lovely Set - am really happy with it :) Hope Top Toy will make a few more of these special interest sets

    ReplyDelete